Written mostly by native English Speakers who are long-term China residents, and edited by people who live and work in China, this book lends a fresh prespective on all things Chinese. It melds foreign and local perspectives into a seamless narrative that allows new light to be cast on China's cities.
- Up-to-date information directly from the people who know.
- Over 380 gorgeous color photos
- Engaing articles that explain more than just the basic information
- Chinese Pinyin and characters allow you to easily communicate in Mandarin
- Great tips on what local delicacies to eat and souvenirs to buy
- Over 53 of China's most scenic destingations are visited in detial
- Our Marking Your Trip Easy Section gives you all the information you'll need to take the stress out of travelling
Intercontinenta's Best of China introduces some of China's most beautiful sights in an easy to understand format. Our guide has tow parts: the first section intorduces China's history and culture, and the second section consists of 53 articles grouped into seven geographic aress, northeast China, north China, northwest China, east China, central China, southwest China, south China-and the cities of Beijing, Hongkong, Macau and Taipei.
The articles consist of a destination guide followed by a practical information section. In the destination guide you'll find up-to-date destination information with cultural and historic overviews. Important sights are in bold allowing quick and easy reference. Chinese charcaters and pinyin are also included- if you need help finding a sight, just show the Chinese characters to a local and they'll help you on your way. Unterneath the article title is the names of local UNESCO World Heritage Sites and to the right of the title is the local area code.