Titel: Read about China - Intermediate-advanced - China and America (zweisprachig Chinesisch/Kurzzeichen-Englisch, mit Pinyin) - 中国文化中高级阅读系列 - 中国与美国 (简体字中文英文对照，含拼音)
Author / Editor:
ISBN: 978-962-07-1957-8, 9789620719578
Series: 中国文化阅读系列 Read about China
Publisher: The Commercial Press Hongkong - 香港商務
Language: bilingual Chinese-English
Date of Publication: 2012.06
Number of pages: 116
Dimensions: 21 x 14 cm
Readings In Language And Culture
China and America have had frequent exchanges in the last one hundred and fifty years. Chinese students and workers have been to America to study and build railroads, while American missionaries and reporters have been to China to run schools and document historic events. This book introduces historical snippets and significant figures in the interaction between the two countries in the last hundred years, and describes how both sides have influenced and contributed to each other.
Our main diction and vocabulary are based on the GSC (The Graded Chinese Syllables, 2010). This book belongs to the intermediate-advanced level of Read about China series, suitable for people who are preparing for the AP (Advanced Placement) Chinese examination.
- Every story starts with some brief questions, which challenge your curiosity so that after reading the story you will feel a deeper impact.
- Each story is divided into short paragraphs making reading and comprehension of the content easier.
- To facilitate understanding of the content, Hanyu Pinyin (romanised Chinese), English translation and explanation of vocabulary are attached.
- More background of the stories have been included in the Expansion Reading.
- Mind challenging games are included as well.
- A glossary of common words and phrases is attached.