Titel: Read about China - Beginner - Modern Chinese Mini-novels (zweisprachig Chinesisch/Kurzzeichen-Englisch, mit Pinyin) - 中国文化初级阅读系列 - 现代中国小小说 (简体字中文英文对照，含拼音)
Author / Editor:
ISBN: 978-962-07-1955-4, 9789620719554
Series: 中国文化阅读系列 Read about China
Publisher: The Commercial Press Hongkong - 香港商務
Language: bilingual Chinese-English
Date of Publication: 2012.06
Number of pages: 91
Dimensions: 21 x 14 cm
Readings In Language And Culture
China is an amazing country. With rapid economic development, tremendous changes have taken place in various aspects. Some of these changes are positive while others are negative. Some are triggered by a more affluent lifestyle. Some are brought about by the conflict that arises when one moves from the countryside to the city. Yet some others are the result of a fusion of traditional culture and new values.
This book uses short stories to present various facets of everyday life of modern Chinese people – including their basic needs such as clothing, food, shelter and transport – before your very eyes. Get up close and personal to them, and gain a deeper understanding of their thinking.
- Every story starts with some brief questions, which challenge your curiosity so that after reading the story you will feel a deeper impact.
- Each story is divided into short paragraphs making reading and comprehension of the content easier.
- To facilitate understanding of the content, Hanyu Pinyin (romanised Chinese), English translation and explanation of vocabulary are attached.
- More background of the stories have been included in the Expansion Reading.
- Mind challenging games are included as well.
- A glossary of common words and phrases is attached.