书名: Feiyue Intermediate Chinese - Teacher's Book (Simplified and Traditional Characters) (+ 1 MP3-CD) - 飞跃 - 汉语中级教程 教师用书 (简体繁体字对照) (+ 1 MP3-CD)
编著/主编: 林柏松 Patrick Lin，于岚 Lan Yu，李蓓 Bei Li
ISBN: 978-7-5138-0134-8, 9787513801348
丛书: 飞跃 - 汉语中级教程 Feiyue Intermediate Chinese
开本: 28.5 x 20.8 cm
Feiyue Intermediate Chinese, a set of two student's textbooks and oneteacher's book, is intended for English-speaking students in college and highschool. Feiyue means to fly forward and serves here as a metaphor for theprogression that will occur in students' Chinese proficiency levels after activelyworking through the meticulously designed exercises and activities in thesetextbooks.
These textbooks have the following features:Lead-in pictures for each lesson which highlight their subject matter and thekey words.Each lesson consists of a dialog and a narrative passage in both simplifiedand traditional characters.For each new word, in addition to a pinyin transcription and an Englishexplanation, parts of speech and examples of usage are also provided.Each lesson integrates an array of exercises and activities in listening,speaking, reading, writing, and typing Chinese.Character components are illustrated; explanations of language points aresimple, precise and practical.Pictures and real-life materials accompany the lessons.SDs in MP3 format are provided for all texts and listening exercises.
It is suitable for undergraduate students, high school students taking the AP Chinese course, or those who have already mastered 1,200 words on the HSK Level Four vocabulary list. Generally speaking, anyone whose level of Chinese is rated as Intermediate-low by the ACTFL (American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages) or Level One by the ILR (Interagency Language Roundtable) will find these books to be a useful learning tool.
These books have been designed for use in the classroom, and are accompanied by MP3 and a teacher’s book which provides the keys to the exercises, listening transcripts, and appendices. The textbooks contain 22 lessons in total, with the content divided evenly between two books. Each book requires around 80 class hours to complete, or 1 semester in the US school system, as each lesson requires approximately 7 classes to work through. The lessons cover a wide variety of topics, ranging from banking to community service to literature and the arts, and aim to provide students with a greater knowledge of the daily life and culture of China.
这是专门为以英语为母语的大学二年级学生以及美国AP中文课程的高中学生而编写的中级汉语课本，适合掌握了新汉语水平考试(HSK)四级词汇大纲的1200个词汇, 或汉语水平相当于全美外语教学协会(ACTFL) 中级（下）、美国政府语言圆桌委员会(ILR) 一级的汉语学习者。
Feiyue Intermediate Chinese is a set of intermediate level Chinese textbooks for English speaking students. It is suitable for undergraduate students, high school students taking the AP Chinese course, or those who have already mastered 1,200 words on the HSK Level Four vocabulary list. Generally speaking, anyone whose level of Chinese is rated as Intermediate-low by the ACTFL (American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages) or Level One by the ILR (Interagency Language Roundtable) will find these books to be a useful learning tool.
These books have been designed for use in the classroom, and are accompanied by audio CDs in MP3
format and a teacher's book which provides the keys to the exercises, listening transcripts, and appendices. The textbooks themselves contain twenty-two lessons in total, with the content divided evenly between two books. Each book requires around 80 class hours to complete, or one semester in the US school system, as each lesson requires approximately seven classes to work through. The lessons cover a wide variety of topics, ranging from banking to community service to literature and the arts, and aim to provide students with a greater knowledge of the daily life and culture of China.
Each lesson includes the following sections:
1. Lead-in: Research has shown that spending a few minutes on warm up exercises is important and beneficial for students when they are learning new material. This section provides just such warm up tasks for each lesson, using visual aids to stimulate students' interest in the subject matter and the key words of the lesson.
2. The Texts: Each lesson has a dialog and a narrative passage, helping students improve their spoken and written Chinese respectively. Both simplified characters and traditional characters are used in the texts as both forms of writing are used in overseas Chinese communities. The texts are also supplemented with additional information about the communicative functions that occur within each passage.
3. New Words: The new words in the textbooks exclude those on the HSK Level Four vocabulary list, with the exception for words which are crucial to understanding the texts, and are written in both simplified and traditional characters. In addition to the pinyin and English meaning for each character, we have also included examples of its part of speech and its usage. Each book contains a full glossary.
4. Exercises: Exercises in listening, speaking, reading and writing follow each text. Questions about the texts and exercises based on the new words and grammar deepen students' understanding of the texts and these words, and help to lay a solid foundation for the comprehensive use of their language skills in the real world.
5. Chinese Characters: Chinese composition used to be the hardest part of teaching Chinese as a
foreign language due to students' difficulties in writing and recognizing Chinese characters and as such learning characters is an important task for people studying Chinese.
Following the accepted principle of recognizing traditional Chinese characters, writing in simplified characters, and typing in pinyin", this textbook has designed character exercises that take an innovative character-component teaching approach. In every lesson, 25 important characters are selected from the texts for students to write by hand based on the understanding of their component parts.
Through these exercises, students thus become familiar with the frequently used character components and the ways of creating characters.
The advancement of using pinyin to type characters on computer has also opened up new ways of
writing characters. Taking full advantage of this advancement, this textbook includes many writing exercises which enhance students' reading, speaking, and listening skills. To type in Chinese, students must first know a character's correct pronunciation and pinyin, and then be able to recognize and identify it correctly. The typing exercises provided in this section will help students improve their phonetic knowledge and recognition of words.
6. Language Points: This section explains grammatical structures in a simple, precise, and practical way without overwhelming students with a complex system of grammar, or complicated and difficult grammatical terminology. Clear and concise explanations of commonly used prefixes, suffixes, and character combinations have been included to help students learn how compound words and phrases are formed from single characters. All the language points in these textbooks have been selected to address the difficulties that English speaking students commonly have in learning Chinese, and are followed by exercises designed to strengthen the students' command of these grammatical points.
7. Using the Language: The aim of this section is to develop students' abilities to function in a Chinese language environment through communicative exercises such as group tasks, role plays and individual presentations. These exercises integrate listening, speaking, reading and writing, and have been modeled on those found in the AP and OPI tests. Real-life materials intended for native Chinese speakers are used in many of the exercises to encourage students to think creatively in Chinese and to add variety to the tasks.
This set of textbooks aims to apply new ideas to Chinese teaching, and is still a work in progress. We welcome feedback from our fellow teachers and other experts in the field so that we can further improve our work in the future. Thank you in advance for your support.