Titel: Read about China - Beginner - Stories about Chinese Characters (zweisprachig Chinesisch/Kurzzeichen-Englisch, mit Pinyin) - 中国文化初级阅读系列 - 汉字故事 (简体字中文英文对照，含拼音)
Author / Editor:
ISBN: 978-962-07-1958-5, 9789620719585
Series: 中国文化阅读系列 Read about China
Publisher: The Commercial Press Hongkong - 香港商務
Language: bilingual Chinese-English
Date of Publication: 2012.04
Number of pages: 100
Dimensions: 21 x 14 cm
Readings In Language And Culture
Chinese characters are a form of pictographic writing. Through the combination of shapes and symbols in this form of writing, you can understand the principles behind how these characters are formed. In addition, knowing the relationship between the words and sentences will enable you to gain an understanding of Chinese culture. Each and every square-shaped Chinese character can evoke plenty of interesting knowledge and stories.
This book is a collection of stories on various aspects of the Chinese language, such as the formation of Chinese characters, special characteristics of the language, the effect of punctuation, and idiomatic expressions. Every story comes with a further reading section that lets you discover more about Chinese characters. You will have fun in the process of learning these seemingly challenging Chinese characters.
- Every story starts with some brief questions, which challenge your curiosity so that after reading the story you will feel a deeper impact.
- Each story is divided into short paragraphs making reading and comprehension of the content easier.
- To facilitate understanding of the content, Hanyu Pinyin (romanised Chinese), English translation and explanation of vocabulary are attached.
- More background of the stories have been included in the Expansion Reading.
- Mind challenging games are included as well.
- A glossary of common words and phrases is attached.