Titel: Read about China - Intermediate - Famous Chinese Women (zweisprachig Chinesisch/Kurzzeichen-Englisch, mit Pinyin) - 中国文化中级阅读系列 - 中国名女人 (简体字中文英文对照，含拼音)
Author / Editor:
ISBN: 978-962-07-1889-2, 9789620718892
Series: 中国文化阅读系列 Read about China
Publisher: The Commercial Press Hongkong - 香港商務
Language: bilingual Chinese-English
Date of Publication: 2011.03
Number of pages: 102
Dimensions: 21 x 14 cm
Readings In Language And Culture
Women in ancient China were generally low in social status. But there were a few Chinese women who struggled to achieve their goals in life. In the political arena, Wu Zetian, the only Chinese Empress and her modern counterparts, Soong May-ling were powerful women. Li Qingzhao, the great woman poet, was famous for writing lots of touching poems. Modern women have become more and more influential. To name a few, Qiu Jin, the Song’s sisters and Maggie Cheung are noted examples. Read and understand more about Chinese women.
Our main diction and vocabulary are based on the HSK (The Chinese Proficiency Test). This book belongs to the intermediate level of the HSK and is suitable for people who are preparing for the AP (Advanced Placement) Chinese examination.
- Every story starts with some brief questions, which challenge your curiosity so that after reading the story you will feel a deeper impact.
- Each story is divided into short paragraphs making reading and comprehension of the content easier.
- To facilitate understanding of the content, Hanyu Pinyin (romanised Chinese), English translation and explanation of vocabulary are attached.
- More background of the stories have been included in the Expansion Reading.
- Mind challenging games are included as well.
- A glossary of common words and phrases is attached.