Titel: Yufa! A Practical Guide to Mandarin Chinese Grammar - Yufa! A Practical Guide to Mandarin Chinese Grammar
Autor /Herausgeber: Wen-Hua Teng
ISBN: 978-1-444-10913-9, 9781444109139
Verlag: Routledge, UK
Sprache: zweisprachig Chinesisch-Englisch
Format: 24.5 x 17.5 cm
YUFA! A PRACTICAL GUIDE TO MANDARIN CHINESE GRAMMAR takes a unique approach to explaining the major topics of Mandarin Chinese grammar. By providing examples that are rooted in realistic situations, the author shows you how grammar is used in everyday life. The book features:
•Chinese characters, pinyin and English translations
•Realistic scenarios to provide you with an interesting context in which to learn grammar
•Varied and imaginative exercises so you can review your progress easily.
The book is presented in two sections: the core structures of Chinese grammar, and the practical use of the Chinese language.
The combination of these straightforward descriptions and numerous exercises throughout the book makes this one of the clearest and most comprehensive pedagogical grammars available.
Yufa provides an admirably clear and comprehensive account of Mandarin Chinese Grammar. It is accessible and free of confusing jargon without ever trivialising or over-simplifying its subject matter. Excellent use is made of examples to explain grammatical points in context. This will be an invaluable tool for both students and teachers alike. I will certainly recommend it to my own students.
Dr Lili Chen, Lecturer in Chinese Studies, School of East Asian Studies, University of Sheffield, UK
'I have studied Mandarin on and off for some years to intermediate level….I was very pleasantly surprised to come across Yufa! since I have searched for a well-presented reference work that has English/Pinyin/Hanzi….Yufa! is incredibly handy for revision'
Anthony Archer, Independent Language Learner
'I find that the scope is wider and deeper than that of many similar titles. Moreover, its fidelity to the conventions of standard Mandarin distinguishes it from a number of other resources in this field….this is the Chinese grammar I've been waiting for.'
Dr Ruth Herd, Co-ordinator of East Asian Languages, Humanities Department, Imperial College London, UK
'If you want to learn standard Chinese sentence structures, Yufa! is a good choice.'
How to use this book
1. The basic formation of a Chinese sentence
2. The eleven types of question in Chinese
3. The use of?, ?, and ? and the definiteness of nouns
4. The functions of ?, relative clauses, and noun clauses
5. Position words
6. Prepositional constructions
7. Imperative sentences and the use of ?
8. The progressive aspect and the continuous aspect
9. The use of ?(the perfective aspect particle and modal particle)
10. The use of ? (the experiential aspect particle)
11. Auxiliary verbs
12. The complement of state and the complement of degree
13. The complement of duration
14. The complement of quantity
15. The complement of direction
16. The complement of result
17. The complement of potential
18. The adverbial modifier with ?
19. The ?……? structure
20. Subjectless sentences and existential sentences
21. The ? structure
22. Passive structures
23. Making comparisons (1)
24. Making comparisons (2)
25. Measure words
26. Verb reduplication and adjective reduplication
27. The use of ??,??,and ??
28. Modal particles
29. Conjunctive pairs
30. Conjunctions used in context
31. The use of ?and ?
32. The use of adverbs in contracted sentences
33. The use of interrogative pronouns
34. Rhetorical questions
Key to exercises
WEN-HUA TENG is a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Asian Studies at the University of Texas at Austin, USA, where she has been teaching Chinese since 1986. She won Top Honors for Institutional Approach in the University of Texas 2010 Innovative Instructional Technology Award.