Titel: Contemporary Medical Acupuncture—A systems Approach (English Version)
Author: Jin Guanyuan 金观源
Publisher: Higher Education Press (高等教育出版社)
Publication date: 2006-12-01
Number of Pages: 529
Weight: 1790 gram
Subject(s): Traditional Chinese Medicine
● This is a monograph on acupuncture therapy and its theoretic basis, of meridian theory, which is based on clinical practice and modern scientific terminology;
● It gives a brief and scientific demonstration about the mechanism of acupuncture;
● Through analyzing and summarizing the functions of each acupuncture point or reflection point, this book summarizes three types of areas on the human body that are correspondent with 14 meridians;
● Full color acupuncture “map” of the human body;
● A systematic description about the transferring characteristics and controlling methods of the reflected information in different stages of acupuncturing;
● In covers all problems of technology theory that are usually confronted during clinical practice of acupuncture. By giving an insightful analysis on the therapy method, therapy mechanism and difficulty in clinical treatment when acupuncture can be applied, this book makes an exploration of all kinds of approaches to strengthen the effect in treating obstinate and difficult diseases.
Contemporary Medical Acupuncture aims to bridge the gap between classical acupuncture therapy and contemporary medicine to achieve their ultimate integration. Based on update reviews and systematic analysis, the meridians are actually systems of physiological and pathological reflexes in the body, and acupuncture therapy is a type of reflexotherapy. In the book, a novel concept called whole body reflex zones is proposed, which may efficiently inherit and clarify the meridian system. The systems methodology, together with the author’s clinical expertise of 40 years, is applied to raise the reproducibility of effectiveness in treating various indications of acupuncture, especially intractable cases. Outstanding features of the book are its incisive and concrete descriptions about great deal of case studies. It is an advanced, practical and valuable resource for any acupuncture practitioner interested in sharpening clinical skills, as well as an essential and comprehensive text for medical doctors and other healthcare professional who desire to learn the essence of medical acupuncture and integrate it into their general practice.
Jin Guanyuan is a medical doctor, an American licensed doctor of Chinese medicine and acupuncture, neurophysiology and chronobiology. He is currently a professor at Guangzhou Medical University of Chinese Medicine. As a teacher to such acupuncture masters as Jian Mianzhai, Zheng Kuishan and Wei Jia, he has formed the deep understanding of the theories and practice of traditional acupuncture.
Order No.: 52.0012