Titel: 汉语常用关联词语学习手册Chinese Conjunctions without Tears
Author: Hu Hong 胡鸿
Translator: Hu Ning 胡凝
Publisher: Peking University Press 北京大学出版社
Languages: bilingual Chinese-English
Date of publication: 3.2007
Number of pages: 237 pages
Dimensions: 8,5 x 11,68 cm
Weight: 230 gram
After having completed 120 hours of Chinese studies, we are entering the last stage of elementary Chinese. At this stage, we try to form compound sentences or longer composite sentences from shorter and partial sentences and expressions, and then practice expressions in each paragraph. These are the most important Chinese studies at the intermediate or high level. It is therefore essential at this stage of our studies to learn those conjunctions very well.
Taking into account the particular features and requirements of our studies at this stage, Chinese conjunctions in common use are collected especially in this book.
The main characteristics of this book are as follows:
(1) Systematic explanation of and exercises with compound sentences, as well as the practice of special expressions in each paragraph.
(2) With language explanation and practical exercises closely combined, the book serves both as an exercise book and a reference book.
(3) The most practical sentences in spoken Chinese are selected as examples, and words are selected as far as possible within the scope of vocabulary level A & B.
The book is divided into 11 units based on the type of connections used in compound sentences, and each unit is divided into the following parts:
(1) “Having a try”. This is a test. Students are required to organize a couple of fragmented sentences into a coherent and fully expressed composite sentence. In this way, students will have a preliminary impression before they start each unit.
(2) Conjunctions in common use. This is the core part of the book. Various forms of connections used for building compound sentences are listed in this part respectively, including names and concepts of compound sentences, common conjunctions and examples.
(3) Exercises. This part is aimed to check what has been learned in each unit. Reference answers are given for the exercises.
Order No.: 42.0186