Title: Confidence Chinese 2 - Living in China (+ 1 CD)
Author / Editor: Zhang Meixia,Yan Tong严彤，张美霞
ISBN: 978-7-04-020486-5, 9787040204865
Publisher: 高等教育出版社 (Higher Education Press)
Language: English/ Chinese
Date of Publication: 2008.1
Number of pages: 260pages
Dimensions: 26 x 18.5 cm
Confidence Chinese is designed for adult beginners who need to use the language for practical purposes such as work, travel, holiday and so on. It consists of three volumes – Volume 1: Getting Started, Volume 2: Living in China, and Volume 3: Working in China. Each volume has a textbook and an audio CD.
- Confidence Chinese is a communication-oriented and task-based textbook.
- Real-life communication situations are provided.
- Authentic language materials are selected for both learning and practising vocabulary and usage.
- Grammar rules are introduced where necessary to help you understand and use the language better.
- Other useful words and expressions are provided for reference and further study.
- Cultural background information is supplied to support the communication context of each topic.
Confidence Chinese is formally piloted by FCO（British Foreign & Commonwealth Office） Services, which consists of three volumes: Volume 1: Getting Started, Volume 2: Living in China, and Volume 3: Working in China. Each volume has a text and a recorded CD, The book is designed to develop listening and speaking skills for beginning level learners and can be used as a course-book for learners in universities, schools, language programs and for private learning.
Living in China
About the textbook:
Confidence Chinese Volume 2: Living in China is designed to develop learner’s listening and speaking skills for living in China. It introduces 421 new words and expressions (which learners are expected to recognise and be able to use) and nearly 500 items of extended vocabulary (useful words and expressions for reference only) These cover a range of situations such as booking a tennis court by telephone, chatting in a teahouse, or explaining things to a domestic worker at home. Many language functions are practised in the situational dialogues including giving an introduction, making a complaint, showing certainty or uncertainty. The textbook also gives some cultural tips and introduces 95 characters for writing practice.
The textbook includes 25 chapters, 2 revisions, transcript for listening practice, vocabulary list, and an audio CD. Each chapter is structured as follows:
- Topic (title of each chapter)
- Learn to (summary of what students are expected to learn)
- New words and expressions
- Language notes
- Useful words and expressions
- Cultural tips
- Character writing