|Title: ||Chinese Breeze Graded Reader Series, Level 2: 500 Word Level: Qingfeng (Green Phoenix)|
|Author / Editor: ||刘月华，储诚志 Liu Yuehua, Chu Chengzhi|
|Series:||《汉语风》 中文分级系列读物 Chinese Breeze Graded Reader Series|
|Publisher: ||北京大学出版社 (Peking University Press)|
|Language: ||bilingual Chinese-English|
|Date of Publication: ||2009.03|
|Number of pages: ||68|
|Dimensions: ||20 x 14 cm|
|Description:|| || |
The old house of the Geng family has been uninhabited for years. But recently the doors of the house open and close without anyone going in or out . And at night one can hear people talking and singing inside.
One dark evening, Geng Qubing sees light shining from the attic of the house. He slips into the house, and sees a pretty girl sitting with her family in the attic. Deeply attracted to the girl, Geng Qubing is determined to find out who she is, where her family is from, and why they live in his old house. But what eventually takes place is a shock for him!
Chinese Breeze (Hànyǔ Fēng) is a large and innovative Chinese graded reader series which offers over 60 titles of enjoyable stories at eight language levels. It is designed for college and secondary school Chinese language learners from beginning to advanced levels (including AP Chinese students), offering them a new opportunity to read for pleasure and simultaneously developing real fluency, building confidence, and increasing motivation for Chinese learning.
Hànyǔ Fēng has the following main features:
- Eight carefully graded levels increasing from 8,000 to 30,000 characters in length
- Wide choice of topics meet the diverse interests of learners
- Most useful vocabulary for actual communication
- Carefully controlled distribution of vocabulary, highly recycled base words in various contexts
- Easy to understand, low new word density, and convenient new word glosses and indexes
- Mostly original stories crafted by professional writers teamed with pedagogical experts
- Attractive pilots
- Authentic and engaging language
- Fully illustrated texts with appealing layouts
- A variety of activities with answer keys
- Accompanying audio CDs with two (normal and slow) speed choices