Titel: Zhongguo wenhua xinshang (Exploring Chinese Culture, Vol. 2) - 中国文化欣赏（第2辑）DVD
Author / Editor: 美国密西根州立大学孔子学院 Confucius Institute at Michigan State University
ISBN: 978-7-88703-990-3, 9787887039903
Series: 中国文化欣赏 Exploring Chinese Culture
Publisher: Beijing Language and Culture University Press-北京语言大学出版社
Language: bilingual Chinese-English
Date of Publication: 2010.06
Dimensions: 19 x 13.5 cm
Languages: Chinese, English
Subtitles:: Chinese, English, French, German
Running Time: 147 min
Region Code: Region Free / PAL
This product is specifically designed for use by schools abroad to incorporate instruction in Chinese culture. The topics are selected in accordance with Standards for Chinese Language Learning.
It contains 2 Volumes, each has 2 DVDs. There are 45 episodes in total, with each of them having a short video clip of about 6 minutes and a list of instructional and hands-on activities for supplementing the full lesson plans. The videos can be used independently, allowing teachers flexibility in selecting and planning lessons. Each episode is user-friendly and designed to accommodate learners at any level of Chinese language learning.
The videos are dubbed in Chinese and English, which can be chosen at will. Subtitles are in four languages of Chinese, English, French and German. Runtime: 147 Minutes
This is Volume 2 of Exploring the Chinese Culture.
(1) Traditional Festivals: Qingming Festival, Duanwu Festival, Chongyang Festival.
(2) Chinese Arts: Chinese Painting, Chinese Calligraphy, Chinese Seals.
(3) Living in China: Hutong & Siheyuan, Toys and Dolls, Chopsticks, Greeting Etiquettes, One Day of the Pupils.
(4) Chinese Culture Symbols: Printing, Lanterns.
(1) Tourism Highlights: The Great Wall, The Forbidden City, Great Buddha Statue at Leshan.
(2) Folk Arts: Chinese Knots, Shadow Play, Chinese Embroidery, Dough Sculpture, New Year Paintings.
(3) Folk Sports: Jianzi, Chinese Kites, Martial Arts –Chinese Weapons, Yanggo Dance.