Titel: NEW PRACTICAL CHINESE READER (2nd Edition) Instructor's Manual 1 (+ 1 MP3-CD) - 新实用汉语课本（第2版英文注释）教师用书 1（含MP3-CD）
Author / Editor: 刘珣 Liu Xun (主编/Hsg./main editor)
ISBN: 978-7-5619-2621-5, 9787561926215
Series: 新实用汉语课本（第2版 英文注释）NEW PRACTICAL CHINESE READER (2nd Edition)
Publisher: Beijing Language and Culture University Press-北京语言大学出版社
Language: bilingual Chinese-English
Date of Publication: 2010.01
Number of pages: 151
Dimensions: 28.5 x 21 cm
NCPR is a new series of textbooks designed for native English speakers to learn Chinese. It consists of seventy lessons in six volumes for three years of instruction. Basic sentence patterns and functional items are introduced in the first three volumes with thirty-eight lessons. Book Four leads to the intermediate level of the last two Volumes, NPCR has been compiled under the guidance of the new NOTCFL Syllabus and in consultation with the HSK Guideline. The objective of this series is to develop the students ability to communicate using Chinese through the study of language structure, language function, and related cultural knowledge along with the training of listening, speaking, reading and writing skills.
In order to make the study of Chinese easier and mor e interesting, this textbooks has the following features:
- The student will be in the cultural setting of Chinese society with several international students, Ding Libo (son of Gubo and Ding Yun), Lin Na and Ma Dawei. Through many interesting experiences, the student will not only learn authentic Chinese but also understand Chinese society and culture.
- The instruction of functional items is emphasized. The student will learn to use Chinese from the very beginning of the learning process.
- Attention is paid to the instruction of pronunciation, grammar, vocabulary and discourse and a gradual increase in difficulty, orderly advances and multiple repeats are stressed along with the usage of four large cycles to help students understand the language structure of Chinese.
- A new method of teaching Chinese characters is utilized to help students read and write intriguing characters. - Combined instruction of the four basic skills, listening, speaking, reading and writing, is emphasized.
- Offering tremendous flexibility, the instructional materials are suitable for users at different starting points and with different goals. - Abundant practice materials are supplied for the student sto use inside and outside the classroom.
- Each volume comes with a students Workbook and an Instructors Manual along with MP3-CD and DVD. Texts in traditional characters are provided.